Ryanair reveals full list of cancelled flights. Polish routes among mass cancellations – Lodz Post

No-frills airline Ryanair has revealed a full list of flights it will be cancelling between now and March 2018, with an estimated 400,000 passengers to be affected by the cancellations.

According to Ryanair, the mass cancellations are the result of an error made in holiday rosters of pilots and the schedule reduction will eliminate all risk of further flight cancellations. Below list shows partial cancellations on Ryanair’s routes to Poland. These indicate the cancelled flights on these routes. All other scheduled flights on these routes will operate as normal:

Tuesdays:
Flight 2374 – London Stansted – Gdansk
Flight 2375 – Gdansk – London Stansted

Wednesdays:
Flight 8307 – Wroclaw – Manchester
Flight 8308 – Manchester – Wroclaw

Saturdays:
Flight 2281 – London Stansted – Warsaw Modlin
Flight 2282 – Warsaw Modlin – London Stansted

Sundays:
Flight 1021 – London Stansted – Warsaw Modlin
Flight 1022 – Warsaw Modlin – London Stasted

Flight 8405 – London Stansted – Worclaw
Flight 8406 – Wroclaw – London Stansted

Flight 6624 – Edinburgh – Krakow
Flight 6625 – Krakow – Edinburgh

Ryanair has also cancelled some of its routes completely over the winter period . The routes to or from Poland as well as some of the domestic Polish routes are listed below:

Edinburgh – Szczecin

Gdansk – Warsaw

Hamburg – Katowice

Newcastle – Gdansk

Thessaloniki – Warsaw

Trapani – Krakow

Wroclaw – Warsaw

– We apologise again sincerely for the disruption and inconvenience our rostering failure has caused some of our customers. We have taken on extra customer service staff and are moving now to process and expedite all EU261 claims from affected customers. We are committed to processing all such claims within 21 days of receipt and hope to have all such claims settled before the end of October -, Ryanair said in a statement.

Image: Wiki Commons

Source link

Artur Walas Kleibor, suspected killer of 20-year old woman, arrested in Koszalin – Lodz Post

In the evening hours of Tuesday (29.08.17) police confirmed that they have arrested Artur Walas Kleibor, the suspected murderer of a 20-year woman from Zduńska Wola.

In a statement made on Twitter, Polish police confirmed that they have the suspect in custody. According to the information given, he was arrested in the northern Polish town of Koszalin following a nationwide manhunt.

Walas Kleibor is suspected to have murdered his 20-year old girlfriend at his apartment in the Teofilów district in Łódź on the 15th of August.

Prior to this, Artur Walas Kleibor was convicted of raping a woman in Peterborough in the United Kingdom in 2009.

Source link

Murder of a 20-year old woman. Police in Łódź are looking for Artur Walas Kleibor – Lodz Post

Police in Łódź are asking members of the public to assist with the apprehension of 29-year old Artur Walas Kleibor who is wanted in connection with the murder of a 20-year old woman from Zduńska Wola.

The warrant for arrest was issued by the Łódź-Bałuty district prosecutor’s office and police are appealing to the public to come forward with any information they may on the whereabouts of Artur Walas Kleibor, who police would like to question in connection to the death of his 20-year old girlfriend at his apartment in the Teofilów district in Łódź.

According to information released by the police, the 20-year old woman, who was named as Kaja, travelled to Kleibor’s apartment in Łódź on the 15th of August this year. It was said that the couple had been dating for approx. one month at that time. Later that day, Kleibor brought the 2.5 year old women’s child to her sister in Zduńska Wola, claiming that the victim was feeling unwell and would currently rest at his apartment in Łódź.

As family members and friends were unable to contact the victim, a police search of the apartment revealed the dead body of the young woman hidden inside a sofa. An examination revealed that the woman died from suffocation.

In the meantime, British Media reports surfaced about a Polish man, who in 2009 attacked and raped a 27-year old woman in the city of Peterborough. Following one of the largest manhunts recorded in Peterborough, in 2010 Artur Walas Kleibor was arrested and charged with the crime. In court he pleaded guilty to attacking and raping the woman as she walked along a dark cycle path. Back then, Kleibor admitted to strangling the woman, leaving her moments from death and raping her while she was unconscious.

Artur Walas Kleibor was last seen in Zduńska Wola on the 16th of August and police are asking members of the public to come forward with any information they may have on his whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Łódź regional police headquarters on telephone number: (42) 665 22 56 or 693 997 284 or by visiting the police headquarters at ul. Lutomierska 108/112.

Police also remind people that according to art. 239 of the criminal code, a person who impedes criminal proceedings by helping the perpetrator to avoid criminal responsibility, including hiding the perpetrator or blotting off the traces of the offense, may be liable to imprisonment between 3 months to 5 years.

Image: Police Material

Source link

Long August weekend. Shopping centers and supermarkets remain closed on Tuesday – Lodz Post

People across the country enjoy a long weekend as Poland marks the feast of the assumption of the blessed virgin Mary as well as Armed Forces Day on Tuesday 15th of August. Supermarkets and Shopping centers will remain closed that day.

As Poland marks the feast of the Assumption of Mary as well as Armed Forces Day on Tuesday 15th of August, people across the country are enjoying a long weekend as Tuesday will be considered a public holiday.

On Tuesday, all supermarkets and shopping centers will remain closed. Public transport will run according to Sunday schedule. Small shops such as Żabka and Freshmarket may be opened at the owner’s discretion.

Source link

Member of Polish parliament wants war reparations from Germany. Germany considers topic “closed” – Lodz Post

Arkadiusz Mularczyk, a member of the Polish parliament from the ruling Law and Justice party, said that he has asked for a report to be prepared which is to confirm whether or not Poland can claim reparations for WW2 from Germany.

Mularczyk said that nearly 6 million Poles were killed when Nazi Germany invaded and occupied Poland between 1939 – 1945. According to the news outlet TVN24, Mularczyk stated that it is “Poland’s moral duty” to seek reparations.

The move comes just shortly after the 73rd anniversary of the 1944 Warsaw uprising which saw 18,000 resistance fighters and over 200,000 civilians killed in a stand off between the Polish home army and the Nazi-German occupants which lasted for 63 days.

Mularczyk said that the report will be ready on the 11th of August and will be presented to the government.

In the meantime, Ulrike Demmer, a spokesperson for the German government’s press office said – The issue of German reparations for Poland was finally settled in the past – legally and politically. In 1953, Poland withdrew from further reparations from the whole of Germany (East and West) and repeatedly confirmed their standpoint since then – Demmer stated.

– Of course, Germans feel a sense of political, moral and financial responsibility for the Second World War. They paid reparations to a considerable extent for general damage of the war, also to Poland and continue to provide redress for Nazi harm, – Demmer, adds.

Image: Wiki Commons

Source link

Poland marks 73rd anniversary of Warsaw Uprising – Lodz Post

1st of August marks the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising, a military operation organized by the Polish resistance to free Warsaw from Nazi German occupation. Poles across the country unite to commemorate the heroes of the uprising.

Today, 1st of August 2017, marks the 73rd anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising. The Warsaw Uprising was a military operation to liberate Warsaw from Nazi German occupation. It started on the 1st of August 1944 and lasted over 2 months. It is estimated that during the operation, 16,000 resistance fighters lost their lives while an estimated 6,000 were wounded. Additionally, it is estimated that during the operation, between 150,000 and 220,000 civilians were killed.

In Warsaw, the uprising will be marked with ceremonies across the city while at 17:00, or “W-Hour”, sirens will be heard across the country to mark the anniversary of the start of the Uprising. 17:00 (W-Hour) was the time at which attacks at various locations across the capital were carried out to start the uprising.

When the sirens go off at 17:00, everyone is asked to stop for 70 seconds to take a moment and remember the heroes of the Warsaw Uprising.

Image: Wiki Commons

Source link

Telegraph: EU official warns of swift legal action against Poland – Lodz Post

(The Telegraph) – EU official warns of swift legal action against Poland if judiciary reforms lead to ‘mass firing’ of judges.

The EU has said it will threaten Poland with swift legal action if it begins dismissing judges under a controversial law signed by President Andrzej Duda.

Mr Duda had given the green light to a bill which would allow Poland’s ruling Law and Justice party (SiP) to hire and fire its own judges in the country’s ordinary courts.

He vetoed two other bills which would have given the government similar powers over the Supreme Court and the National Council of Judiciary.

Read the full story here .

Source link

Poland marks Corpus Christi. Supermarkets and Shopping Centers to remain closed on Thursday – Lodz Post

On Thursday 15th of June, Poland marks Corpus Christi, a Catholic celebration and a public holiday throughout the country. It is the day when the Catholic Church commemorates the practice of Holy Eucharist, or Communion.

As this day is a public holiday, supermarkets and shopping centers will remain closed. Small shops such as Fresh Market or Żabka may be open at the owner’s discretion.

Public transport will run according to Sunday schedule.

Source link